Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm A Fan of Adele's!

This girl has it. From the first song I heard of hers I was kind of thrown off by the fact she is white. Call it racism, call it whatever, I just don't expect for white people to sing that well. Adele can sing flat out, no question. She calls her music "heartbreak soul", that it is. Her songs, to me, seem to chronicle the love life of an overweight women with low self esteem. I have homeboys who prey on such women, using them for their crib, car, money, food, and a lot of them say fat chicks go in in bed. I'm good on that though. She has a song called "Cold Shoulder" the hook to the song goes:
7-day Free trial of Napster

You grace me with your cold shoulder Whenever you look at me I wish I was her You shower me with words made of knives Whenever you look at me I wish I was her

I dig it though, it's genuine emotions. I read in an article on her that the album was about her ex-boyfriend, it sounds like it. It's a really good album though. It's a bit on the folk music side, she has a few Popish type of joints but the way I feel is that talent transcends genre. I don't care what type of music you make, if it's ill, it's ill. Digg!

Add to Mixx!

No comments: